[Grok-dev] How do I add Python 2.6 support to Grok?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:19:07 EST 2009

No. We use a lot of ternary statements, and some of our other software
has bugs that are fixed by 2.6, but we can work around those if
necessary. I'll start testing with 2.5.

I'm principally annoyed that the version dependencies, and reasons
thereof, seem to be so difficult to address. As far as I can tell,4
out of my 5 problems could be solved very easily:
 - 325353: For requiring Visual C++ to build zope.security, isn't this
just a matter of someone providing a prebuilt binary to pypi?
 - 317081: Requiring ~\.buildout\default.cfg to use "Docume~1",
instead of "Documents and Settings". Seems like this should be an easy
fix, and I should hope is already fixed somewhere.
 - For the egg package version changes, these may already be in the trunk.
 - 315227: For the problem with temp dir removal, this may also be
fixed, according to a comment on the ticket.

The only one that seems troublesome is 324327, which actually seems to
be an incompatibility with Python2.6. But it doesn't affect any of my
code, because I don't use the web server.

Alec