[Grok-dev] The z3c.widget is broken

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 22:34:55 EST 2009

No problem.

This does work, in as much as it allows the DropDownDateWidget to be used, but it does seem to be a bit of a hack.

In the current paster environment, the egg path must be added to the "paster" script file.  Every time you run buildout, this file is overwritten and you must add it again.

Is there a way to add a specific egg reference in a static way?

Adding a reference in buildout.cfg will pull in the dependencies just like setup.py (failing on z3c.javascript).  Appending the path to project code doesn't work as the grokkers can't find the widget at configuration time.

It also worries me that if I inadvertently decide to use the autocomplete or flashupload features of z3c.widget in my code, they do require z3c.javascript and will likely fail.

How can we get z3c.javascript to work in a buildout?  This must have worked at one time when the how-to's were written.  (It mentions eggs.)

What changed?  Do things just disappear from the PyPI index?