[Grok-dev] grokproject generating configurations with absolute paths

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 12 10:06:13 EST 2009

Hi there,

Andreas Jung wrote:
> is it intentional/reasonable to use absolute paths within configuration
> files generated by grokproject? A common development pattern is to
> generate a skeleton for a project using grokproject and to import it
> into SVN (or something similar). Coworker can hardly re-use the skeleton
> without some modifications to some configuration files.

Examples of such files? I've been checking in grokproject-generated
buildouts into svn for a long time now; perhaps something changed since
1.0a1? I always exclude 'bin', 'parts', 'develop-eggs' and
'.installed.cfg' from checkin as these are to be generated by buildout
after checkout.

The idea is that buildout regenerates a working state for you.