[Grok-dev] How to do authentication right with Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 12 10:12:27 EST 2009

Hi there,

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Stupid me. Since local utilities are persistent the code is called only
> when creating a new instance of the app *banging-my-head-against-the-wall*.

Yes, that's the reason. I also replied to your comment on the website,
which I saw first.

There are two wishlist items I'd like to see implemented at some point:

a) a way to create local utilities for existing persistent objects.

b) a way to have local but non-persistent utilities. That's useful to
have different behavior in just one application and still avoids
persistence issues. The architecture of Zope 3 supposedly supports this
at some level, but I don't know how. Not sure whether the *registration*
of such a non-persistent local utility needs to be persistent or not.

a) is more easy to get going than b) - it mostly needs a thorough design
discussion before coding can begin. b) is more of a research project.
Volunteers are welcome.