[Grok-dev] grokproject putting Data.fs under parts/*

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 12 11:29:58 EST 2009

Reinout van Rees wrote:
> Well, what every buildout guideline on plone.org seems to mention is:
>
> * Stuff in parts/* can and will be zapped into oblivion by buildout.
>
> * Stuff in var/* is safe.

> I cannot actually find it on buildout's pypi page, but I've always
> treated it as a rule of thumb. I could of course be something build into
> several zope2-ish recipes.

I think that's the case. I've seen it before myself and I've been using
buildout in a Zope 3 context for many years now.

buildout doesn't zap parts into oblivion willy-nilly, it only zaps them
when there's an actual need (messing around with the [data] section will
do it, I suspect).

I think that this is a topic worth bringing up on zope-dev.