[Grok-dev] 1.01a install trouble on Windows Vista

Seb F-S s.frealsaison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:53:34 EST 2009

I tested now the procedure with python 2.6.1, for a new, clean installation
following :
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/using-virtualenv-for-a-clean-grok-installation
:

run
cd c:\python26

run
easyinstall.exe virtualenv

run
virtualenv --no-site-packages virtualgrok

run
cd virtualgrok\Scripts

run
python easy_install-script.py grokproject

run
grokproject sample

got Error 32

changed 'w' in  line 46 to 'wb'

erased downlod.pyc*2

cd  to  \sample

run
bin\buildout

had an error while getting  zope.interface 3.4.1

tried again, same error

cd ..

ran grokproject sample
got Errno32 after zope.security 3.4.1 distribution install attempt

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21445314/ScreenHunter_08%2BJan.%2B13%2B22.42.gif

whatever I do now : bin\buildout in \sample leads to error getting
zope.interface installed
grokproject sample end with errno32

btw, I may have a clue why I keep having always the old downloader.py : see
(sorry my machine doesn't let me copy/paste text from command prompt anymore
:-)
http://www.nabble.com/file/p21445314/ScreenHunter_07%2BJan.%2B13%2B22.14.gif

See after "Got zc.recipe.egg 1.1.0b1" line ? during eggbasket installation,
there is an index problem. And after this, installation fetches distribution
for 'grok==1.0a1' ... which may explain why i keep having the old file.