[Grok-dev] Initializing an app and module structure

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 06:15:42 EST 2009

Thanks for your reply!
I'm very new to Grok and Zope3, but there's so much you can do with it, that
I started to 'get lost in the woods'. Now it seems I'm not doing that bad
after all.

I already made a separate module called 'layout' for all things concerning
the basic layout of my site (viewletmanagers and the view containing all my
macros), so this is a completely standalone module I can import wherever
needed.

I also thought about giving the containers their own module, but I feared it
would 'clutter' my project with lots of small files, but then again, I got
that with my c++ projects too, so what's the problem...

I'm really starting to like Grok, once you know where to look for info.
That's a department where Grok is still lacking a bit in my experience: the
docs on Grok itself are good, but as soon as you need something from Zope
itself, I'm having trouble finding the right info: for some things the PyPI
is good, other packages seem better explained in the Zope 3 API docs (or
that is at least my impression). I think it would be a good idea to at least
give the users some pointers to where they can find extra info about
non-Grok-specific things. I ordered Philipp von Weitershausen's book, but
haven't received it, yet, so I hope this will be of great help, though it's
on Zope3 itself.

Again, thanks for the reply!
Jeroen