[Grok-dev] Grok Wikipedia Entry Marked As Advertisement

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Jan 20 10:01:27 EST 2009

Paul Wilson schreef:
> Hi there,
>
> It looks like a week ago the Grok project's wikipedia entry
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok_(software) has been marked as an
> advertisement. I don't really know why this is however, it seems
> impartial enough to me!

"This way Grok is a step forward to popular Python web frameworks like
TurboGears, Pylons and Django"

That's the kind of wording that I regularly zap as plone.net reviewer.
"We're the leading provider of plone in country XYZ" makes plone.net
(the neutral resource) say that you're better than the other companies.

Likewise, the wikipedia entry makes wikipedia say that grok is better
than pylons and django. So I can imagine somebody regarding it as partial.

You can list real differences, but you cannot make value statements
without providing lots of supporting data :-)

Reinout