[Grok-dev] grokproject error

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Tue Jan 20 18:52:11 EST 2009

Hi there,

Milos Negovanovic wrote:
> I am getting this error when trying to create new project:
>
> (virtualgrok)milosn at mighty grok $ grokproject Sample
[snip]
> Develop: '/home/milosn/projects/python/grok/Sample/.'
[snip]
> eggbasket: Installing eggs to /home/milosn/.buildout/eggs which will
> take a while...
> eggbasket: Installing eggs to /home/milosn/.buildout/eggs which will
> take a while...
> Getting distribution for 'zope.app.twisted==3.4.1'.
>
> /: write failed, file system is full
> error: No space left on device
> An error occured when trying to install zope.app.twisted 3.4.1.Look
> above this message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing eggbasket.
>   Getting distribution for 'zope.app.twisted==3.4.1'.
> Error: Couldn't install: zope.app.twisted 3.4.1
>

> There is plenty of space left on that partition, so i do not know where
> is this coming from.

The full filesystem here seems to be '/', the root filesystem, not
'/home/...' (if they differ). I assume, buildout, setuptools or
something else is trying to use /tmp as temporary storage space.

You might be able to get around that by setting the 'TMPDIR', 'TEMP', or
'TMP' environment variable to a path inside your home. See

   http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.3/lib/module-tempfile.html

for details.

Maybe that helps.

Best regards,