[Grok-dev] Is the Grok Tutorial completed?

geoHUZ geohuz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:35:31 EST 2009

I just finished reading of Grok Tutorial, so far so good. I noticed there are
several places with lines like "This will be discussed in a later section.
XXX",  so I presume it's not a complete tutorial. I'm quite a newbie to Grok
(with experience in Python and Plone with some basic - medium skills) and I
really want to know what are the steps I'm supposed to follow? I'm now
starting to read Developer's Notes which gives me more detail information on
concepts and the big view of Grok. I'm planning to use Grok to build a web
application which is NOT such a "content management" type system, instead,
it will be a business management application running orders and
transactions.  I believe Grok is not limited in developing a content
management system and if I really want such kind of system, Plone is a more
nature way to go (But they are fundamentally in the same root anyway).  So,
I would like to see some information and examples of doing that. Another
thing is about ZODB, I'm not sure if it's ok to use it as the back end
database rather than the relational one. Since I have no experience of
developing a transactional system with a pure object DB, I really want to
see topics about it.