[Grok-dev] Europython sprint summary

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Jul 7 06:09:59 EDT 2009

To summarize our successful sprint (copied from my weblog):

* Template registration stuff api refactoring is still going on. It is
  getting better and better. Martijn will continue it later on. It is
  pretty hard to make it explicit and simple without ending up with
  too-elaborate code.

* The grokcore.view View/CodeView refactoring is almost done. The
  dependent packages are all fixed, except for core grok (which needs
  releases of several packages), so we’ll do that on a branch. And the
  update notes. Christian tackles the grok branch and I’ll tackle the
  upgrade notes.

* The wsgi login.html issue is fixed, including test. Hurray!

* The new grok.view permission still needs to be integrated in several
  packages, fixing some tests for every one (the same kind of test and
  code changes that had to happen for the grokcore.view changes).

So: out of five original issues:

* Two fully fixed.

* Two basically fixed, but needing some solid follow-up to finish the
  last bits.

* One needs some real work.

“So, can we release 1.0 tomorrow?” No, not yet. But out of five major
blockers, four are completely or basically fixed. We need one or two
weeks to finish off those last steps and a beta of 1.0 can go out. I’ll
look at the 1.0 bugs again this week with Jan-Wijbrand in order to
postpone most of them to 1.1. I want that 1.0 :-)

See
http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2009/07/04/ep-grok-sprint-day-one.html
and
http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2009/07/05/ep-grok-sprint.html

Thanks to all the sprinters for their hard work!

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com