[Grok-dev] setting up local utilities from outside grok

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Jul 9 14:39:01 EDT 2009

On Jul 9, 2:55 am, Jasper Spaans <j... at jasper.es> wrote:

> The application is available, I can access views, but no sitemanager or
> localutil is registered, and my authentication thing is not set up.
>
> Is there an easy way to get this to work?

Take a look at site.txt in the zope.app.component for documentation on
sites. When instantiating a Grok app outside Grok, I think you need to
explicity set the site with zope.app.component.hooks.setSite():

  import zope.app.component.hooks
  root['test'] = app = MyWonderfulApp(...)
  zope.app.component.hooks.setSite(root['test'])

Then your local components should work as-expected (hopefully ... the
sites stuff is not my area of expertise)