[Grok-dev] buildout.cfg

Hendrik Bunke bunke at hbxt.org
Thu Jul 16 06:09:23 EDT 2009

--On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:55, Sebastian Ware wrote:

> My bad, I realise now that buildout.cfg shouldn't be version
> controlled, or at least not shared between dev and prod server.

I have no experience with grok buildouts, but why don't you use a
second .cfg for deployment (e.g.  deployment.cfg)? It just needs

[buildout]
extends =
    buildout.cfg

and your overrides. You could then run buildout with option '-c
deployment.cfg' on your production server. And, of course, both
.cfg could and should be under version control.

best regards
hendrik

> Mvh Sebastian
>
> 16 jul 2009 kl. 11.20 skrev Sebastian Ware:
>
> > In the Zopectl-layout, setting the eggs-directory in [buildout.cfg]
> > isn't very good if one wants to version control and deploy the
> > [buildout.cfg] file from a development server to a production server.
> > This is basically the only hickup I have come across with
> > [buildout.cfg] and version control.
> >
> > Maybe one could change this? Or am I missing something?
> >
> > # eggs will be installed in the default buildout location
> > # (see .buildout/default.cfg in your home directory)
> > # unless you specify an eggs-directory option here.
> > eggs-directory = /Volumes/PsycadeliaRAID/groklive/eggs/
> >
> > Mvh Sebastian

Dr. Hendrik Bunke
http://hbxt.org