[Grok-dev] martian release?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:10:46 EDT 2009

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Within the next week or two, I hope to make a 1.0 final release of the
> repoze.bfg web framework (http://bfg.repoze.org).  repoze.bfg uses martian to
> allow for decorator-based ZCA configuration.
>
> So far, we've been making folks install repoze.bfg from a custom index.  This
> index has a forked version of martian in it, made from the trunk some time ago.
>   In particular, this branch prevents ".pyc" files from being grokked.
>
> After a 1.0 release, it'd be nice if we could let people install BFG from PyPI.
>   I'm wondering if a 0.12 release of martian would be possible from the trunk to
> make sure that folks don't get startup errors resulting from attempting to grok
> ..pyc files.  Is there anything I can do to help?

I think we can certainly release martian, with the following remarks -
more directed to "Grok folks":

Martian-trunk also contains the preparations for improved defaults for
module-level directives. This is to help solve the infamous
template-directive inheritance in Grok.

As a result, the current Grok trunk might not work with the current
martian trunk (and thus any upcomming release of martian).

With that said, if there're no other objections, I can do a release of
martian-0.12 if that helps repoze's 1.0 release somewhere this weekend.

Would that help you?

regards,
jw