[Grok-dev] object relationships

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 5 10:49:49 EST 2009

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jeroen Michiel <jmichiel at yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> However, with the relation now being part of the implementation, the
> _potential_relations function in z3c.relationfield.event no longer returns
> the relations as the getFields function doesn't find a field providing
> IRelation. It's no longer inside an interface...
>
> I guess I will first have to subclass the interface and then implement that
> one?

Yes, in the design you need to explicitly point out relations as
fields in the interface for them to be tracked with events (and mark
either the object or the interface with IHasRelations).

It's perhaps possible to just make do with IHasRelations, though I'm
not sure. I don't think it should be a problem to mark this
information in the interface, however?