[Grok-dev] batching view

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Mar 16 13:44:42 EDT 2009

On Mar 16, 7:38 am, modiadi <a... at modiadi.com> wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> I also foundz3c.table during the weekend.
>
> I decided to use z3c.batching fpr the moment because I want to
> understand the details. I will use some kind of persistent list but I
> haven't decided yet.
>
> I am still worried about the performance issue with a large collection
> of news...

You'll also find the documentation on searching and indexing rather
spartan, but there is this:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/implementing-search

You'll want to create indexes on the fields that you will use for your
search criteria. You'll then be able to query these indexes to produce
lists of objects based on your search criteria. This is going to give
you much better performance, especially as you start to go beyond a
few thousand objects.