[Grok-dev] Over 2 months, and no new release?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:54:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Alec Munro <alecmunro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there guidelines somewhere regarding when a new release is made? I
> ask because the current release has several bugs that inhibit
> installation on Windows, and they have been fixed in trunk for quite a
> while.

There're guidelines on *how* to make a new release, there're no
guidelines on *when*.

> It's baffling to me that this is allowed to continue. How hard could
> it be to simply do a release with those fixes? Especially with PyCON
> going on, I think it's insulting to all of the effort that has gone
> into making Grok what it is, that this issue has been left unresolved
> for so long.

Apparently it is resolved, just not released. Do I understand that correctly?

> I've volunteered my services as an official Windows tester, but
> haven't received any response.

It is unfortunate that you didn't get any response, because it is
obviously great to have a volunteer for this! Were you waiting for
specific instructions?

Are you able to test the grok trunk to see if it these installation
problems are indeed resolved? If that's the case, I guess I could pull
a release - but I do not at this moment have too much time to do a lot
of coordination. Just pulling a release from whatever currently is the
trunk shouldn't take that long though.

Does anyone know if there's anything blocking a 1.0a2 release?

regards,
jw
--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman