[Grok-dev] Grok raw performance

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon May 11 11:30:37 EDT 2009

For what it is worth, I just want to mention that the performance of
Grok on the CMS implementations I have done has not been an issue. In
one case I am running with 500 content objects in Zodb using page
templates. It is a multilingual, workflow based CMS back-end so it
goes slightly beyond a "howdy earthlings" implementation. I do full
text searching and so on.

http://www.boomtown.nu/

If I wanted to improve performance today, I would serve the static
content directly through Nginx. I would also consider using memcache.
The content delivery is snappy.

The bottom line is, wheras performance optimisation is great, I don't
think there is any reason to panic. Reducing the code footprint seems
to be a reasonable priority.

Mvh Sebastian