[Grok-dev] grok trunk - buildout broken

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Mon May 18 04:08:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 09:26 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> I ran buildout on a trunk checkout today and found it broken (also tried
> on a new egg directory).
>
> Any idea which package pulls in zope.container
> or why it is not included with version.cfg?

> Getting distribution for 'zope.container'.		<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> Got zope.container 3.8.2.				<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> Getting distribution for 'zodbcode==3.4.0'.
> Got zodbcode 3.4.0.

There has been a lot of refactoring going on with zope.container and
related components while they are reducing dependencies.  I KNOW you do
not want 3.8.2  The grok 1.0a3 versions.cfg call for 3.5.6

I don't know what is on the trunk right now but I suggest you use the
tarball at this point.  IMHO; Zope is in an unstable state as far as
getting any/all new components from Pypi.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services