[Grok-dev] Grok deployment story unclear and weird

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu May 21 04:26:38 EDT 2009

On 20.05.09 21:08, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>> I am currently totally clueless and confused about the
>> deployment story with Grok apps.
>>
>> As developer I can create my sandbox using grokproject and implement
>> my_weird_package based on the generated skeleton. Ok, the application
>> is working - now I want to package and distribute my_weird_package.
>> What is the suggested approach for doing this?
>>
> The state of the art is to place the tgz for your app somewhere, and
> install your application using a buildout.cfg (that has a find-links).
> You could then of course configure an apache front-end as usual.

hm...I am not getting the point.

Clear question: is it possible to write
and distribute a Grok app as a standard Python package (with
a proper setup.py file in order to publish it on PyPI)?

If yes: I have a Grok buildout generated using grokproject.
The "develop = . " option is removed and the 'src' is also removed.
How do I get my Grok app living on PyPI into my buildout?

Andreas