[Grok-dev] Chameleon and five.grok

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:56:18 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM,  <sylvain at infrae.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>  Hello,
>
>> Plone 3.3rc3 is released and I wanted to try the new Chameleon engine.
>> Oh and I use five.grok in one of my product of course. ;-)
>>
>> I pinned the same versions as plone-coredev:
>> [versions]
>> chameleon.core = 1.0b32
>> chameleon.zpt = 1.0b16
>> cmf.pt = 0.4
>> sourcecodegen = 0.6.9
>> z3c.pt = 1.0b15
>> five.pt = 0.6
>>
>> [instance]
>> eggs =
>>    cmf.pt
>> zcml =
>>    cmf.pt
>>

>> But it appears chameleon doesn't like five.grok :-(
>> File "eggs/five.grok-1.0a2-py2.4.egg/five/grok/components.py",
>> line 113, in ?
>>    class ViewPageTemplateFile(BaseViewPageTemplateFile):
>> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>> Can't mix __of__ and descriptors
>>
>> Nobody has tested this combination yet? :-)
>

>   I don't known about cmf.pt. it's probably not compliant with stantard
> Zope since this start with cmf. You can use megrok.chameleon.
Normally to replace ZPT by Chameleon in a fresh Plone buildout, you
add cmf.pt to monkey patch all the stuff.
Plone trunk use that already. But it doesn't use five.grok yet.
Can I use megrok.chameleon with Plone? I don't think so,
megrok.chameleon depends on grok, and we want five.grok instead.

>   There is a branch I am working on and I use in Silva/Zope 2. Just add
> it and create .cpt templates after. I will release it as soon as the
> tests are fixed (there is no zope.container in Zope 2 ....).
good

Best regards
--
Vincent Fretin