[Grok-dev] cot death and infirmity

Jan Ulrich Hasecke juhasecke at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 08:19:38 EDT 2009

Am 26.05.2009 um 12:47 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> It's now way past the submission deadline. Last year I reminded people
> repeatedly to submit a talk at EuroPython. This year I didn't. I'm too
> busy. I think if someone besides me actually did this kind of stuff
> before the submission deadline, you wouldn't have had to complain
> afterwards when nothing more can be done. What's the point of doing
> that?

I am posting such reminders to german mailinglists.

I saw so much talking about a grok sprint during europython in this
list that I thought people were aware about this. Unfortunately I was
wrong or the community simply ducks down.

There were so many things going on in Zope World (let alone ZTK) that
I thought there must be half a dozen talks about all that.

I am looking at the Zope Community as a kind of outsider, because I am
not a developer but I am using Zope since 2000. My impression is that
Zope is changing faster than the community as a whole is realizing. I
cannot judge whether for good or for bad, I fear that outside the
inner circles of the Zope Community nobody is able to follow these
changes.

> Django of course gets a lot of mentions, because that's the big kid
> these days.

They talk about it. Thats what make a big kid.

juh