[Grok-dev] url() method on JSON component

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:42:25 EST 2009

Hi,

Martijn recently issued:

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/463469

Coincidentally, the issue came in at exactly the moment I was looking
for the url() method on the JSON components I was writing myself...

Proposal:

Not only the url() method is useful for JSON (and maybe even the REST)
components, but so are the application_url() method and the response
property.

The url() method and the response property is defined in
grokcore.view.View. We could split out these into a seperate baseclass.
grokcore.view.View will then inherit from this baseclass.

In grok we will define a mixin class derived from this baseclass that
adds the application_url() method. The JSON and REST components can then
inherit from this mixin class.

What do you think?

I can work on this more or less soon.

regards,