[Grok-dev] zope.location version for blob copy

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:26:29 EST 2009

Hello Grokkers !

I'm currently working on the Dolmen clipboard functionalities.
For a clean handling of the blob copies, i need to use zope.copy.
I to use, also, a zope.copy.interfaces.ICopyHook, which is only
trigged in zope.location 3.7.0
zope.location 3.7.0 works very nicely with an already created
application but disturbs the creation of a new one:

[...]

  File "/home/trollfot/.buildout/eggs/zope.app.catalog-3.5.1-py2.5.egg/zope/app/catalog/catalog.py",
line 162, in indexAdded
    index.__parent__.updateIndex(index)
  File "/home/trollfot/.buildout/eggs/zope.app.catalog-3.5.1-py2.5.egg/zope/app/catalog/catalog.py",
line 104, in updateIndex
    for uid, obj in self._visitSublocations() :
  File "/home/trollfot/.buildout/eggs/zope.app.catalog-3.5.1-py2.5.egg/zope/app/catalog/catalog.py",
line 99, in _visitSublocations
    uidutil = component.getUtility(IIntIds)
  File "/home/trollfot/.buildout/eggs/zope.component-3.4.0-py2.5.egg/zope/component/_api.py",
line 207, in getUtility
    raise ComponentLookupError(interface, name)
ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass zope.app.intid.interfaces.IIntIds>, '')

I have been struggling with that for a long time now and I don't want
to stay stuck there.
Copying is an important features for all kind of applications and this
needs to be sorted.

It seems that the problems appear at the creation of the indexes.
Can anyone help me with that ? It would be nice to fix that behavior
in the next grok release and that would allow us to use a more recent
version of zope.location (and other packages that depend on it)

- Souheil