[Grok-dev] grok 1.1alpha release preps

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:34:27 EST 2009

> Questions (again):
>
> 1) Do people think we should try to get rid of these imports for the 1.1
> release? Personally I would like to...

Yes, I'm very willing to ditch all the old stuff
I can invest some time on this

> 2) To what extend could changing these imports (and thus potentially
> lifting dependencies) have repercussions on persistent objects? We
> should be careful I guess about this.

As we're simply extending the containers, there won't be any kind of
problems with them.
The imports from grok won't change and the code in zope.container is
almost identical to the zope.app.container's one.

I think that, for grok1.1, everything is fine. I'll try the changes on
older projects and see how it goes.

for a further version...
I've discussed this in another thread with Martijn : the current
zope(.app).container implementation is ugly.
We could think of proposing something new there. I'm not sure if you,
guys, agree on this, but, I truly dislike the zope.container Btree
container code.

- Souheil