[Grok-dev] Grok-1.1a1 released!

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:08:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I just completed the first alpha release of what will Grok-1.1!

 From the releasenotes:

"""
The Grok development team is very happy to release Grok 1.1a1!

This is a preview of the 1.1 release that will be based on the Zope
ToolKit (ZTK). The ZTK will bring a significant number of newer versions
of the libraries that Grok is built on.

The ZTK will not only make available newer features and bugfixes in
toolkit libraries, but also a less complex dependency structure of these
libraries encouraging more reuse.

"""

Let me note that this release is not installed by default when using
grokproject. It is an early alpha release, so that we can start testing
our applications built with.

For upgrading existing project, please see the upgrade notes.

For creating new project with grokproject, using this 1.1a1 release
please use the "--grokversion" option:

   $ grokproject --grokversion=1.1a1 [projectname]

Most probably we will find issues and bugs in this release. By
identifying these, and with your help, providing solutions, we can
quickly move forward to a second alpha, or maybe even a beta.

Personally I'd like to especially thank Michael and Souheil for working
very enthusiastically on getting ZTK support in Grok!

ME GROK GROKS ZTK!

kind regards,
jw