[Grok-dev] Grok newbie - is it possible to call cgi prog without Apache?

Kathy Manwaring kathy at perfectnotes.com.au
Tue Nov 17 20:12:15 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to use Grok for software I am developing and need to know whether
the following is possible. I would prefer to use Grok standalone, rather
than with Apache.

I need to check that a system and user is licensed when they access the
home page. So I need to call a CGI program, as having the licensing
process present in plain code seems a little dumb... I tried putting the
CGI into /static/ directory in my Grok area, but get a 404 error when
accessing it (probably because static is intended for css, images etc).

Is it possible to do this? If so, where does the CGI program live?

Thanks for any pointers.

Kathy