[Grok-dev] Offline installation (with no internet connection)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 03:51:23 EDT 2009

Mihail Lukin wrote:
> I have Debian workstation (which is connected to Internet) and openSuSE
> server (which is NOT). How can I install all of required eggs to the
> server without downloading them to it? I use --eggs-dir option when
> `grokproject`, but it still downloads bc.buildout when I create new
> virtualenv and `grokproject` in it. When I try to install grokproject
> from tarball, it fails because of PasteScript dependency, but when I
> `easy_install` grokproject it doesn't seem to download or install it at
> all.
> I'm missing something obvious, so I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hmmm, I'm not sure where to begin.

A couple of questions, maybe we can figure out what exactly is going on
here:

* How did you create the virtualenv? With the "--no-site-packages" option?

* Could you try to "easy_install" zc.buildout, PasteScript and
grokproject in this virtualenv? Does running the grokproject command
then work?

That's what I can think of right now. Let's see if we can get this
further...

regards,
jw