[Grok-dev] Problem with packages containing views

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Oct 8 08:54:09 EDT 2009

Stefano Borini wrote:
[snip]
> Ok, so the fact appears to be that anything in __init__.py is apparently
> grokked (otherwise I would not get the message about the missing
> template for a View class, the class would simply be skipped), but
> something does not find the template dir, even if specified explicitly
> with grok.templatedir().
> Bug or feature ?

I suspect that it is looking for the templates directory *outside* of
the package, similar to the way it worked for the module. After all, to
Python your package's __init__.py is equivalent to a module of the same
name.

It's at least something we need to discuss, and any outcome needs to be
documented carefully.

Could you report this as an issue in launchpad? We are (slowly) working
on revising the way grokcore.view works and this should be taken into
account.