[Grok-dev] integrating zest.releaser

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Oct 8 08:57:42 EDT 2009

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Hi,
>

> For yesterday's grok release I used zest.releaser to do the actual
> tagging and uploading of the egg.
>
> Zest.releaser effectively does the things described here:
>
>    http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software
>
> Two suggestions:
>
> 1) I'd like to integrate zest.releaser into grok's buildout.cfg file (it
> will not be a hard dependency in the setup.py!)

+1. What would you do with grokcore.* packages and grokui and such though?

> 2) I'd like to move the afformentioned document to grok's "official"
> documentation and add a note to it that most of the work is handled by
> zest.releaser.

I think it might be better to say we follow the ZTK here, and put a link
in the official documentation that refers to it, along with a
description on how zest.releaser helps automate this.

http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/releasing-software.html

The idea is to reuse policy from the ZTK where that makes sense. If ever
the ZTK policy changes Grok has a say in this too anyway, and if we
really don't like it we can alway start maintaining our own.