[Grok-dev] Dolmen and its releases

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:39:32 EDT 2009

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
> 2009/10/22 Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com>:
>> Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
>>
>> Nice to see so many new packages! :-)
>>
>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.file

provides what I use a lot myself, the FileProperty.

How does that work?

>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.blob

> dolmen.blob is very ztk centric and doesn't really support anything zope2-ish
> and same remarks : I use a lot the BlobProperty :)

plone.namedfile works fine without blobs too. It's totally optional. I
don't think it makes much difference.

>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dolmen.relations

> This is not meant to act like a field, stored on the object. It's a level lower.
> I used to work with z3c.relationfield, but it's too specific. A lot of
> the mechanisms are similar,
> as it was my start point. Howevern this is more of the framework
> level. It would be possible to use
> dolmen.relations to make a relationfield-like feature.

May be interesting in cases where fields are not really what you're after.

> I forgot the dolmen.storage, which I use a lot !

No you didn't, I snipped it. :)

Martin