[Grok-dev] How to overrule browser language default by English?

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Thu Oct 29 10:05:48 EDT 2009

Hi Kris,

look at this example, is out of my head but it should work:
So maybe there are some typos ;).

import grok
from zope.publisher.interfaces.browser import IBrowserRequest
from zope.i18n.interfaces import IUserPreferredLanguages

class CookieLanguage(grok.Adapter):
     """Extract the preferred language from a cookie"""
     grok.context(IBrowserRequest)
     grok.implements(IUserPreferredLanguages)

     def getPreferredLanguages(self):
         return ['en']

This should return always 'en' as your language.
If you want more information please look at the IUserPreferredLanguages
interface.

hth
Christian