[Grok-dev] Grok & the lack of good documentation

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Sep 8 10:43:42 EDT 2009

grokomobil wrote:
> Back to topic:
>
> I think a big problem with the recent documentation is also the fact that a
> lot of Zope knowledge is required to work with them. In many documentations,
> it seems like most of the authors explain how things work in grok, but when
> there is zope specific code in it (like things from the formlib) they try to
> avoid any explanation for it. The developers of grok stated that you can use
> grok without knowledge of zope, it seems like this is not 100% possible. Or
> at least, no one cares when he writes a tutorial or how to for it.

I hope at least some of the tutorials were helpful to you. I tried to
write the main tutorial and the developers notes with the idea in my
mind people should be able to understand it without previous knowledge.

It'd be nice if people would help write such documents and integrate
them into the official documentation.