[Grok-dev] Neanderthal II possible sprint topics

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Sep 9 05:47:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Reinout van Rees<reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
> Question: are these version changes somehow in sync with upstream changes?
> Upstream being the zope 3.something we claim to support or the ZTK or so?

I think Grok 1.0 is aiming to work with something that is similar to
the Zope 3.4 KGS. That KGS was maintained at
http://svn.zope.org/zope.release/branches/3.4/ and resulted in
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/

Since the 3.4 final release there has been no interest in releasing a
new bugfix version of this KGS. As a result Zope 2.11, which targets
Zope 3.4, started to update packages on its own as well (at least I
did that ;) ).

Zope 2.12 targets some package soup that is post-Zope 3.4, but
couldn't wait for the ZTK KGS to actually materialize. So it ended up
defining its own.

To me it looks like for a Grok 1.0 release, there's no useful outside
KGS and you will have to keep maintaining your own. For a Grok
post-1.0 release, you could try to become a driving factor in a useful
ZTK KGS ;)

Hanno