[Grok-dev] Zope SVN-URLs changed

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 9 08:34:27 EDT 2009

Hey,

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
[snip]
> Thank you Uli, i also changed the description at
> http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ReadOnlyAccess

My understanding is that this is all based on a misinterpretation of
Jens's message here:

   This is a heads-up that affects anyone accessing the SVN repositories
   using the svn:// protocol (so it does not affect anyone accessing SVN
   over HTTP, or svn+ssh):

   So far the svn service was run through xinetd. We had recurring
   problems where either during really busy times or when too many svn
   service processes hung for unknown reasons xinetd would refuse to
   start more of them. This would lead to strange errors for people
   accessing the service. To hopefully solve that problem, and maybe
   solve the "hanging process" issues as well, I have switched to using
   the svnserve process in daemon mode instead of using it through
   xinetd.

   If you do use the svn:// protocol (maybe directly, or indirectly
   through a svn:extrnals definition, or for replicating the repositories
   with "svnsync") and see any issues please contact me directly
   off-list.

That doesn't indicate to me at all that svn: URLs are breaking in any
way... Besides, they still work just fine. What did I miss?