[Grok-dev] Grok & the lack of good documentation

Timo Stollenwerk lists at zmag.de
Wed Sep 9 09:04:03 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen schrieb:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> On 2009-9-9 01:02, Steve Schmechel wrote:
>>> 3) I can't believe ReST is still not the default formatting on the site.
>>> Someone should really hack the Plone code so you don't have to remember
>>> to pick it every time you edit a document.
>> You don't have to 'hack the Plone code' - this should be a simple
>> setting in the markup configuration panel.
>
> Perhaps it got easier since the last Neanderthal sprint. I urged
> strongly that we set the default to ReST in the site when the site was
> being constructed back at the last Neanderthal sprint in late 2007, but
> it seemed difficult then.

I just had a quick look at the Grok Plone instance. Currently we are
running on Plone 3.0.5, but some control panels e.g.

http://grok.zope.org/@@markup-controlpanel

seem to be not working.

> Perhaps we need to upgrade the software?

If necessary I could upgrade the Plone instance to the latest Plone
version during the sprint. Who is currently in charge of the
administration of the Plone instance? The last time I worked on this was
during the first Neanderthal sprint.

Cheers,
timo