[Grok-dev] grok.zope.org migration: PloneHelpCenter problems

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Tue Sep 15 18:36:13 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 5:04 am, Timo Stollenwerk <t... at zmag.de> wrote:

> I'm working on the migration of the Grok website to Plone 3.3

Awesome! Yeah, that'd be really exciting to see some maintenance done
on the Plone instance, especially since I haven't been terribly active
with Grok this year (not that I've switched to another framework or
nothing, I just haven't done too much web dev this year at all ...).

I see you've created a 'gzo' directory in svn.zope.org with a
buildout. The existing buildout stuff is over here:

http://svn.zope.org/grok/website/buildouts/

But the existing buildout stuff is somewhat crufty and primitive,
since it was done when I was still just learning buildout. If you want
to just cherry pick some bits from there and move them into the new
location, and the delete the old stuff, or do whatever helps with
getting a happy Plone 3.3 instance running, then that's all good.

The PloneHelpCenter was pinned using svn:externals with:

PloneHelpCenter -r 57772 http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/PloneHelpCenter/trunk

Or at least that's I recall pushing *some* fixes into PHC when working
on the site. It's possible that some fixes were left uncommited ... I
can't recall for sure, it's been a little while since I worked on it.
Maybe I'll take a look on my home laptop later today, since that's
where I should still have some working development buildouts.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.