[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0b2 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Sep 17 13:33:49 EDT 2009

Hi there,

The Grok team is happy to announce the release of Grok 1.0b2. With
Grok 1.0 we will deliver a stable, powerful, featureful framework for
Python-based web development. Grok 1.0b2 is feature complete for Grok
1.0. We hope it is the final beta before Grok 1.0 final.

Changes

Grok 1.0b2 has the following changes compared to Grok 1.0a4:

* grokproject layout changed again. we store the database and logfiles
under the var directory in the buildout.

* Running the server with debug.ini and the exception middleware in
there won't require you to use a different login location for the
admin ui. Just
  going to http://localhost:8080 should give you a login prompt.

This release also contains a number of bugfixes.

This is actually the first beta of Grok 1.0; beta 1 should be ignored
and we consider it not officially released.

See the more extensive announcement here for more information:

http://grok.zope.org/project/releases/1.0b2