[Grok-dev] Problem with Annotations

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:44:34 EDT 2009

2009/9/23 Ethan Jucovy <ejucovy at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Paul Wilson <paulalexwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]

> --- actually, having written that out, the named adapters look like
> they are just views -- IMetadataProvider's get_metadata and
> put_metadata could just interact with a browser request & response
> directly, and each plugin would define a view that knows how to get
> the right annotation.  Hand-waving furiously here, I think most of the
> logic (looking up the annotation, de/serializing, error handling)
> could be centralized in a base class.  Each plugged-in subclass could
> then house all the knowledge about that plugin's URL component and
> annotation key & format, and register itself as a view.
>
> Not sure if this is making any sense, or is relevant to your problem.
> :)  At any rate, good luck!

Hehe. Wow - firstly it looks like you've understood me, and secondly I
like your solution. I think I've been over engineering my solution and
worrying too much about naming issues. I should have realised this
when I started talking about 'pluggable named adapters' :-)

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Regards,
Paul