[Grok-dev] Final touches for a 1.0 "proper"

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Sep 29 07:02:09 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

> * So far there haven't been any showstoppers for a 1.0, right? If there
> are, we should see if we can fix them.

I don't think anybody reported showstoppers.

> * It is not really a show stopper, it would be nice if someone (Martijn,
> Uli?) could have a look at what I skethced out here:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.startup/branches/jw-configurable-ireraise-adaptation/?rev=104430&view=rev
>
> See also the earlier "using zope.testbrowser to test for Unauthorized
> exceptions and updated zope.publisher with IReRaise exception support"
> thread.

I took a look at it. How is exempt-exceptions configured?

I think this needs some documentation on when and how one would use it.

> * Besides the regular release procedure, do we need to take extra steps?
> Where do we want to have the release announcement published? What kind
> of message do we want to present in the release announcement? Who wants
> to help write one?

I hope someone has a list of places to mail to. If not, we're just going
to announce it to lwn.net besides the usual places. I'll also post an
entry in my blog.

I can help write a release announcement, though I don't have time until
tomorrow (the 30th).

> * We could aim for Wednesday 30/09 for the release.

This is fine with me, except I won't have time to write the announcement. :)