[Grok-dev] XCode 3.2 (Snow Leopard) won't compile Python or Zope

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Apr 20 03:56:45 EDT 2010

FYI I installed XCode 3.2 on a Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) machine. I
couldn't compile python 2.4.x or 2.5.x. I tried cross compiling and
installed python but then failed when pulling Zope-eggs that needed to
be compiled.

I understood it being an issue with the version of gcc being updated
form 4.0.1 to 4.2. The main error was related to the compiler option

  -Wno-long-double

but I didn't find an easy work around so I installed XCode 3.0 which
has GCC 4.0.1 and this worked fine.

I have mentioned this in

   http://grok.zope.org/about/download

Mvh Sebastian