[Grok-dev] z3c.testsetup tests in Grok itself (Uli?)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Apr 25 11:09:42 EDT 2010

Hi there,

[particularly talking to Uli, because it's about z3c.testsetup]

The only tests in Grok I couldn't get working after taking out
zope.app.testing were the the tests to do with z3c.testsetup. Strangely
enough I don't know why they break - removing zope.app.testing shouldn't
have any impact as I don't think these tests have anything to do with
it. The tests break as they get different output than is expected.

At first I thought perhaps it had to do with the tests not having been
updated for a while, so I reverted to an older version of z3c.testsetup.
This didn't work however. I wonder whether these tests work on the Grok
trunk?

There's also the general question about whether these tests should be
retained within the Grok core itself; the tests itself claim that these
are old and that there is better stuff in z3c.testsetup itself. That
said, I'd like to *first* identify what change is causing these tests to
break now, because that might be something we need to know about.