[Grok-dev] Grok emerging from the dependencies

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 27 11:24:16 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Just to illustrate how looking at the dependency graph can be helpful:

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Grok depends on zope.app.pagetemplate. When I remove this from the
> dependencies, viewlets fail to work. Figure out why? Something gets
> registered by zope.app.pagetemplate or a dependency of it that doesn't
> get registered and should be. What is it? Could it be moved within the
> ZTK? Let us know.

If we can remove this, it looks like we can remove our dependency on
zope.dublincore, and it might be zope.size as well.

> Grok depends on zope.app.publisher. When I remove this from the
> dependencies, there is a problem with XMLRPC. Could we move the XMLRPC
> code to zope.publisher perhaps?

Note that this might eliminate our dependency on zope.browsermenu
(unless there's stray ZCML out there that uses this functionality). If
we can figure out that grokcore.view doesn't need zope.ptresource (I
don't see why it would), then eliminating zope.app.publisher would also
remove our dependency on zope.ptresource.