[Grok-dev] Grok emerging from the dependencies

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 27 13:03:12 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
>   I think I got that as well. If I remember correctly have to do this
>   the registration of the 'provider:' expression (the meta to register
>   those things is located in that pagetemplate I think).

Thanks, that was a helpful hint!

It turns out zope.app.pagetemplate used to define the
tales:expressionprovider directive. I moved this to zope.browserpage a
few days ago.

Why is this relevant?

zope.contentprovider's ZCML would only register the 'provider'
expression if zope.app.pagetemplate was present, using conditional ZCML.
I've now updated the ZTK so that zope.contentprovider registers the
expression when zope.browserpage is present (perhaps it can even be
unconditional, but this is good enough).

Out with zope.app.pagetemplate. :)