[Grok-dev] fanstatic.org

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Dec 10 17:46:09 EST 2010

Hi there,

It's still raw (we're working on a prettier site), but since the
Fanstatic project was outed on this mailing list anyway, here's more
info about it:

http://fanstatic.org

I just redirected the DNS so it might take a while for it to propagate
to everybody.

Fanstatic is the successor to hurry.resource. The main improvements are:

* totally independent from zope stuff. (latest hurry.resource is already
this way)

* it can publish the resources itself (and knows about caching URLs)

* it can operate in front of any WSGI app

* much better docs

* configured differently

It's not backwards compatible with hurry.resource, but once we've ported
over the various Javascript libraries adjusting your code shouldn't be
difficult. We're still working on a best-practice story for a JS library
with fanstatic.

If you want to participate in the development, feel free to join us us:
here's the community info:

http://fanstatic.org/community.html

And the development info:

http://fanstatic.org/development.html