[Grok-dev] what do people do to get tracebacks with Grok 1.2 and ajax?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:01:02 EST 2010

On 12/16/10 16:54 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 04:35 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Grok 1.2 seems to refuse to print any tracebacks to the shell or logs.
>> The only way to see tracebacks is with the exception handling
>> middleware, which is useless with Ajax.
>>
>> Surely someone must have a solution to this?
>
> It appears that the zope.app.appsetup 3.15.0 release fixes this. At
> first I thought release of zope.error would fix it, as it sets
> copy_to_zlog to True, but this turns out to be a misdirection, as
> zope.app.appsetup actually sets up the global error logging service.

You beat me to it, I was writing a post with the same observations:
zope.app.appsetup sets up a error reporting utility with copy_to_zlog=False.

We can release a grok bugfix release with a fixed zope.app.appsetup.

> I think the ZODB needs to be wiped out to enable this though, so that's
> hardly ideal.

Hmm, one might be able to get this setting back to True by way of the
./bin/interactive_debugger command. Let me try to find out how and
report back on this.

regards, jw