[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1 the plan

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Feb 2 05:26:16 EST 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 18:23:07 Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,

  Hello,

> Here's a plan for Grok 1.1, getting it to release.

[...]

> We have two plans on how to get to Grok 1.1 final. Plan A:

[...]

> * this means we need to detach zope.app.wsgi and zope.app.publication
> from zope.app.testing and zope.app.zcmlfiles. Along with
> zope.app.appsetup (already detached) we're going to keep these zope.app.
> packages in Grok for now. See my previous mails for more details (in the
> "losing momentum" thread, and the recent sprint report).

  I need to fix the tests on zope.app.wsgi, but I am rather busy these days. I
will give a try at this before the end of the week.

  After this, zope.app.publication should be easy to fix.

[...]

> Grok 1.2 looking forward:

[...]

> * Martian testing changes (the Manuel work)

  I would like to add to martian a directive called martian.override_grokker,
or something like this. It will just replace, in the martian grokker registry
the specified grokker by the current one the directive is on. I think it's an
easy feature, that will simplify things in five.grok, and remove the need for
a meta-minimal.zcml in grokcore.view.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--