[Grok-dev] Spotlight on: megrok.navigation

Kathy Manwaring kathy at perfectnotes.com.au
Tue Feb 2 17:58:04 EST 2010

2 Feb 2010, Jeroen Michiel <jmichiel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Subject: [Grok-dev]  Spotlight on: megrok.navigation
>
> Spotlight on...
>
> megrok.navigation is a package for easily creating nested menus for all
> sorts of use cases:
> * Global menu items: links to external sites for instance
> * Site menuitems: fixed links to views of your site (e.g a home link)
> * Context menus: everything you can do on the current context (replacement
> for IBrowserMenu)
> * Content menus: direct links to objects in you site. E.g. a 'products'
> menu

<snip>
> There's also z3c.menu.ready2go, but that relies on z3c.template, which
> brought it's own problems with it. <snip>
> Any comments, remarks, ideas are appreciated!

Hi Jeroen,
I will start looking at menus later this week, so the timing of this is
perfect for me! I had seen z3c.menu.ready2go, but won't look at it if you
say there are problems. I got a little lost in the submenu explanation,
but I'm sure it'll become clear when I start using it.
Thanks!
Kathy