[Grok-dev] Grok book now available for sale

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 10 15:18:09 EST 2010

Simon Jagoe wrote:
> I am
> just wondering if anybody can say if much of the contents will be
> obsoleted by the upcoming Grok 1.1? If the book is still mostly
> relevant to 1.1, then I will almost certainly get me a copy :)

Jumping in, not that I've read the book yet, but I know about what Grok
1.1's going to be like.

Very little would be obsoleted by Grok 1.1; we rearrange the internals
somewhat, and a few imports from zope.* stuff might change, but the
behavior of Grok should stay the same.

With Grok 1.2 we're going to do somewhat larger changes, but this should
again mostly be invisible to the user - it should just make Grok's
behavior somewhat more consistent in various corner cases.