[Grok-dev] Errors with the current dependencies??

Adam Summers adamsummers1 at me.com
Tue Feb 16 03:46:02 EST 2010

Hi there,

I'm trying to move my project from a dev environment to a production server -- a mac running snow leopard

I've installed a clean version of python2.5.4 in /usr/local/bin, and have a virtualenv configured with --no-site-packages

however, when I try to use grokproject to create a sample project (or use python bootstrap.py in my project-to migrate), I get the following errors:

(test)Bai:test adamsummers1$ python -V
Python 2.5.4
(test)Bai:test adamsummers1$ grokproject sample
Enter user (Name of an initial administrator user): j
Enter passwd (Password for the initial administrator user):
Downloading info about versions...
Creating directory ./sample
Downloading zc.buildout...
Invoking zc.buildout...
Develop: '/Users/adamsummers1/test/sample/.'
Installing eggbasket.
Couldn't find index page for 'zope.security' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'zope.security==3.4.1'.
eggbasket: Not all distributions are installed. A tarball will be downloaded.
eggbasket: Downloading http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-eggs-1.0.tgz ...
eggbasket: Finished downloading.
eggbasket: Extracting tarball contents...
eggbasket: Installing eggs to /Users/adamsummers1/.buildout/eggs which will take a while...
Getting distribution for 'zope.security==3.4.1'.
No eggs found in /tmp/easy_install-iHOq8o/zope.security-3.4.1/egg-dist-tmp-VeXVAU (setup script problem?)
While:
  Installing eggbasket.
  Getting distribution for 'zope.security==3.4.1'.
Error: Couldn't install: zope.security 3.4.1

Is there a problem with the zope.security package? I can't find 3.4.1 on the pypi page for zope.security

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
Adam